Website Marketing – Get a website and make money without effort.
Still a lot of people think that is how it is going to work.
So sorry but unfortunately it won’t work like this. However …
If you have a business you must have a web presence, people don’t really use yellow pages anymore. But Internet marketing is more than
just going online.
On your site you present your services and products, give information about yourself and your company. Most importantly you tell potential clients why they should give their hard-earned money to you and not to your competitors.
OK, you have done that. You are online. Now you sit and wait … and wait … and wait. Nothing is going to happen.
Why not ? Because your pages are not showing on the search engine result pages(SERP’s). To be found by search engines and displayed on SERP’s there is a bit more work involved than just putting out a website.
What else do you need to do and what else should you do ?
- Make sure your website is search engine friendly. There are online tools to check this, Woorank for example.
- A website is a living item. Keep it actual, post interesting articles about your product, give help and information on a regular and permanent basis.
- Make sure everything is technically in order. Load speed, no broken links, hosting, etc.
- Be social, create accounts on Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkeIn and others. Maintain them, keep them up to date.
- Use Adwords for your marketing. At least in the beginning it is a good way to get your business out there. Google and Bing even give you a few bugs to start your campaign. Google Voucher
- Use analytic tools(Statcounter, Analytics) to find out how many users are coming to your site. How long do they stay? What are they looking at?
You can see there is a lot more to do than just putting out a website and the above is only scratching the surface of SEO and SEM.
Should you have the time and knowledge you can do all of that yourself. Be assured you need a lot of time and knowledge. The other option is
to outsource these tasks at least for 6 -12 months.
Should you be in a competitive area of business(selling sand to Arabs) rather plan for a longer time. If you have found a
niche(giving out loans without charging interest) you might be able so see good results within 3 months.
These are really only the basics for better website performance. A lot more can be done, however if you make sure these points are covered
your website will eventually show on Google, Bing, Yahoo and other search engines.